Visiting Trade Shows
One way to SOURCE THE FABRICS YOU NEED is to visit TRADE SHOWS which are DEDICATED to fabrics or manufacturers.
Recommended trade shows include…
The London Textile Fair and Texfusion are both held twice a year in London. Fashion SVP is worth a visit if you are looking for overseas manufacturers as well as The Make It British Live trade show for UK manufacturers and suppliers. Premier Vision is one of the biggest fabric trade shows held in Paris twice a year.
When you are sourcing fabrics, there are certain things you’ll want to know. Some of these will include…
- If they can send sample hangers so you can get a feel for what you’re working with.
- If you can get sample metres so you can test the fabric for sampling.
- What are the fabric lead times so you can add into your planning.
- What the surcharges are for smaller quantities.
- If you want a fabric dyed to your specific colour there may be a minimum order quantity. Be aware you may need to work with the stock colours they have available for smaller orders.